Join us Friday, October 29, 2021 at 7 p.m. (doors open at 6:30 p.m.) for a frightful good time! HALLOW-WINE is presented by St. John the Baptist School and Slattery Vintage Estates Vineyard and Tasting Room. Enjoy an exclusive tasting of devilishly seasonal wines and spook-tacular horror d’oeuvres that will send shivers down your spine. Plus, live music from the band Acoustic Rooster.
- Come in costume or come as you are! All who arrive in costume will get a special treat! The winner for the best costume will receive a bottle of wine!
- Do the Monster Mash to live music from the band Acoustic Rooster from 8-11 p.m.
- Cash bar featuring wine by the glass or bottle, beer, cocktails and soft drinks. Purchase your favorite wines from the night (by the bottle) at a discount.
- Raffle basket drawings will be held throughout the night. Raffle tickets are $1/each or 6 for $5.
- The cost of the event is $40 a person. Reservations must be made by October 22, 2021. To purchase event tickets, go online to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hallow-wine-wine-tasting-event-tickets-179637208727
- To purchase tickets by check or cash, email [email protected] All tickets must be paid in advance. Tickets will not be available at the door.
For more information, please contact [email protected] All proceeds of the event will benefit St. John the Baptist School.
*Due to the nature of this event, all guests must be 21 years of age to attend.
*In the event of inclement weather, the event will be rescheduled for November 5, 2021. All sales are final.
The third annual St. John the Baptist Golf Classic brought together 92 golfers, more than 50 sponsors and many volunteers to raise money for Catholic education in the Plattsmouth community.
The golf classic, held on Saturday, August 7, 2021, at Bay Hills Golf Course, was a winner in every way — breaking records in funds raised and attendance. According to Knights of Columbus event organizer Mike Vaughn, the golf classic was a tremendous success, raising more than $15,000 to support St. John the Baptist School.
After cancelling last year’s tournament due to the pandemic, not even the humidity or stormy weather could stop players from making it a successful and memorable day. Players enjoyed on-course pin prizes, a Hole-in-One Contest, raffle drawings and swag bags.
Following the tournament, 173 golfers and friends enjoyed a banquet at St. John’s school which included a steak dinner catered by Church of the Holy Spirit. Mayor Paul Lambert was the emcee at the banquet. Also in attendance was Congressman Jeff Fortenberry.
Golf Classic Results:
A Flight First Place: Jeff Scanlan, Troy Steel, Derek Sutton, and Jeff Cherek with a 15 under
A Flight Second Place: Team Welch: Larry Welch, Buck Welch, Ben Welch and Jack Welch
B Flight First Place: Joe Jelinek, Josh Jelinek, Andy LeBlanc and Blain Tanner
B Flight Second Place: Amanda Scherlie, Kendall Scherlie, Julia Rodehorst and Drew Rodehorst
Top Mixed Flight: Team Benedict: Larry Benedict, Erica Benedict, Harrison Benedict and Lauren Benedict
Thank you to all who supported and participated in the Golf Classic. A special thanks to the Knights of Columbus for making this event possible.
Mark your calendars now for a spooktacular Wine Tasting Event on Friday, October 29th! HALLOWINE is presented by St. John the Baptist School and Slattery Vintage Estates. Watch for more details coming soon!
HURRY… there’s still time! Registration for the St. John the Baptist Golf Classic is due no later than Tuesday, August 3rd.
The annual Golf Classic is this Saturday, August 7th at Bay Hills Golf Course in Plattsmouth with a 12 p.m. shot gun start. A steak dinner will follow at St. John the Baptist School gymnasium.
- Individual Participant – $80 (Includes golf and dinner)
- Foursome Participant $320 (Includes golf and Dinner)
- Dinner Only/per Individual – $20
If you have any questions, contact [email protected]
All proceeds support St. John the Baptist School.