Welcome to Flocknote!
This page includes information and resources to help parishioners utilize our new Flocknote communication service.
Church Texting and Email
The Church of the Holy Spirit has adopted a new communication tool at no cost to you or the Parish This tool, called Flocknote, allows you to receive emails and text messages with important parish news, announcements of upcoming events, weather-related closures, electronic delivery of the weekly bulletins, messages from the Pastor, as well as other items from our church and ministry groups that may be of interest to you.
Registering for Flocknote is easy, and completely voluntary.
SIGN-UP FOR FLOCKNOTE IN ONE OF THREE WAYS:
- Text HOLYSPIRIT1 to 84576 through your cellphone or mobile device. Watch for a reply text from Flocknote and then follow the instructions.
- From your computer, go to holyspiritplattsmouth.flocknote.com, Watch for an email from Flocknote and then follow the instructions.
- Or, fill out the form below.
Important note: If the rectory had an email address and/or a cell phone on file for you, then your information was automatically added to the Flocknote system. However, we ask that you still sign-up for the service. Flocknote will show you the contact information registered in the system and you will be able to make any changes to it that is needed.
All the information you provide will be used only by the parish and never shared.
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
- Once you have registered for the Flocknote communication service, you will receive an email with a link. Click on the link in the email to confirm that you really do own your email address.
- When you open the link, you will see a page with a button that says something like, “Take me to my home page.” Click on the button. You will then be able to add more information to your account such as your name and address, as well as manage how and which messages you receive.
- You will have the option to select which ministry groups you want to receive updates from, or you can choose to receive all communications. You choose how much or little you would like to receive and can opt out at any time. Several of our ministry groups have already been using Flocknote to communicate to their volunteer members, and we plan to add more ministry groups in the future.
- Finally, please add Flocknote to your email contact list or safe senders list is the BEST way to ensure all those important emails go straight to your inbox! This tells your email provider that you trust Flocknote and want to receive emails from your church or ministry. For instructions on how to add Flocknote to your email contact list, click here.
Please stay in touch with us as part of our parish family. Also, please spread the word to help us share timely communications with as many parishioners as possible.
We love having you as part of our Flock!
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM FLOCKNOTE
To Unsubscribe from Text Messages:
When you receive a text message from your church or organization, reply STOP and you will be unsubscribed from the particular group that text was coming from (example = Youth Group, Volunteer Team). If it’s been a while since you’ve received a text, you can simply text STOP to 84576 (if in the US).
To Unsubscribe from Emails:
When you receive an email from your church or organization, click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link that is in the bottom right corner of any note.
Why would I want to sign up for groups with Flocknote?
Signing up for a group allows you to receive only the information you want. For example, if you want reminders about “Holy Days,” then sign up for the “Holy Days”. If you no longer want messages from that group, simply go to Flocknote with your e-mail address or cell phone number and leave that group. With Flocknote you are in control of the messages you want to receive.
What if I want to unsubscribe from receiving texts and emails?
The great thing about this service is that it’s always free and you can unsubscribe at any time.
What if I don’t have texting?
You can still sign up! As long as you have an e-mail address.
Is my information secure? Yes. All of your data is transmitted across an encrypted internet connection, and all of your personal information is stored in secure databases. Your information is never sold, rented or given away to third parties. For more information visit https://flocknote.com/privacy
What if I have more questions? No problem. Contact Deb Walton at [email protected] or 402.660.8030.