Church of the Holy Spirit will continue the time-honored tradition of the Lenten Fish Frys, beginning Friday, March 4th through April 8th. There will be no fish fry on Good Friday.
Fish Frys are held in the St John the Baptist School Gym (500 S. 18th St.) from 5:00 to 7:30 p.m. Dine in or Carry out is available. Plus, live entertainment every Friday from 5:00-7:00 p.m. and a raffle drawing for steaks every 30 minutes!
- Choice of entrée: Bake or fried Alaskan Fried Pollock, fried Carp, fried Jumbo Shrimp, or Grill Cheese.
- Meal includes choice of baked potato, mac and cheese, or soup.
- All meals include Cole Slaw, bread, dessert or ice cream. Complementary
- Complementary water and coffee.
Beer, wine, bottled water and soda available for purchase.
- Large Plate – $11.00
- Small Plate – $8.00
Credit cards, checks and cash accepted.
Good Shepherd Scholarship
The Lincoln Diocese introduced the Good Shepherd Scholarship across Catholic schools. The scholarship program will help increase the financial sustainability of the school and helps assist families with tuition costs, based on household size and income. In celebration of Catholic Schools Week, we invite you to learn more about the Good Shepherd Scholarship program by watching the short video below.
St. John the Baptist is NOW ENROLLING students for Pre-School 3- and 4-year-old classes!
Discover the difference a Catholic education makes in our community! We can’t wait to see you!
The Man of the Shroud Exhibit is Coming!
The Church of the Holy Spirit will have an up-close experience of the most studied artifact of all time – The Shroud of Turin, what many believe to be the authentic burial cloth of Christ. The Man of the Shroud exhibit will include 42 beautifully- designed panels on display in the Commons from February 9 through February 16.
We will also present replicas of the Crown of Thorns, whips, nails and Holy Sponge used in the Passion of Our Lord. This exhibit will raise the questions, “Could the Shroud be the most important artifact ever found? Does it provide clues to what happened during the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus?”
On Tuesday, February 15th, at 6:30 PM, Shroud expert, Jim Bertrand, M.Ed. of the American Confraternity of the Holy Shroud, will give a special presentation and a rare viewing of a Shroud replica in our Sanctuary. The presentation is open to the public. Free will donations are accepted.
For more information, visit spiritcatholicradio.com/shroud.
Exhibit Viewing Times:
The exhibit will be at Church at the Holy Spirit and is open to the public during these hours:
- Wednesday, Feb.9 thru Friday, Feb.11 — 9AM – 8PM
- Saturday, Feb. 12 — 9AM – 4PM
- Sunday, Feb.13 — 12PM – 8PM
- Monday, Feb. 14 thru Wednesday, Feb. 16 — 9AM – 8PM
Join us Friday, October 29, 2021 at 7 p.m. (doors open at 6:30 p.m.) for a frightful good time! HALLOW-WINE is presented by St. John the Baptist School and Slattery Vintage Estates Vineyard and Tasting Room. Enjoy an exclusive tasting of devilishly seasonal wines and spook-tacular horror d’oeuvres that will send shivers down your spine. Plus, live music from the band Acoustic Rooster.
- Come in costume or come as you are! All who arrive in costume will get a special treat! The winner for the best costume will receive a bottle of wine!
- Do the Monster Mash to live music from the band Acoustic Rooster from 8-11 p.m.
- Cash bar featuring wine by the glass or bottle, beer, cocktails and soft drinks. Purchase your favorite wines from the night (by the bottle) at a discount.
- Raffle basket drawings will be held throughout the night. Raffle tickets are $1/each or 6 for $5.
- The cost of the event is $40 a person. Reservations must be made by October 22, 2021. To purchase event tickets, go online to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hallow-wine-wine-tasting-event-tickets-179637208727
- To purchase tickets by check or cash, email [email protected] All tickets must be paid in advance. Tickets will not be available at the door.
For more information, please contact [email protected] All proceeds of the event will benefit St. John the Baptist School.
*Due to the nature of this event, all guests must be 21 years of age to attend.
*In the event of inclement weather, the event will be rescheduled for November 5, 2021. All sales are final.